Healing Hamilton

Assisting you on your path to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well being.


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Journey together

"J" is for Journey

We're all on a journey, and as Maya Angelou wrote, I "Wouldn't take nothing for my journey now."

In her great inspirational way, Maya tells us about Annie who "looked up the road I was going and back the way I come, and since I wasn't satisfied I decided to step off the road and cut me a new path".  Annie made a conscious decision to abruptly change her life.  This change was forced on her by circumstance, and she boldly moved forward on her own.  But not every new path starts with a sharp left turn.  Sometimes small decisions pile up one atop the other and, like waves lapping at the side of a boat, nudge us in a certain direction.  Or we may not make conscious decisions at all (which in itself is a decision-making style),  and just go with the flow.  Each path is as unique as the traveler.  But what is common to all is the opportunity to do what Annie did - stop, take stock, and strike out in a new direction.  The resulting changes can be subtle or significant - it's up to you.

2 comments:

Please share your thoughts