Healing Hamilton

Assisting you on your path to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well being.


Monday, January 16, 2012

Permission Granted


We like to think we're responsible adults who don't need permission from anyone to do the things we want.    But if we listen really closely, we'll often hear others in our heads.  Others whose judgements and opinions we've incorporated into our own thinking patterns without even realizing it.  This isn't always a bad thing.  Sometimes hearing your father's voice in your head telling you not to do something is exactly what you need.  But not always.  

There's nothing scarier than starting down a path where others in your life choose not tread.  Especially when the path includes weird ideas like chakras and energy fields.  But now that you've stumbled on the trail you want to follow it, want to see where it leads.  Do you?  Or instead, do you listen to the others in your head?  Do you keep the idea to yourself, afraid of what they might think if they found out you wanted to try a Reiki treatment?  Or crazier yet, wanted to learn how to be a Reiki practitioner?

Breaking out of an established thinking pattern can be difficult, especially when you don't have anyone close by to support you.  But if you're interested in Reiki there's a lot of support online.  All you need to do is check out the links below.   Go on.... you know you want to.  Whose permission do you need?

http://www.reiki.ca/faqs.htm

http://www.reiki.org

http://www.centerforreikiresearch.org

4 comments:

  1. I try to stray from routine on a regular basis so as not to get in a rut. Great information you've shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @danneromero - Sounds like a great approach to life! Glad you enjoyed the links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only deign to ask permission when my actions may adversely affect someone else. If they're merely going to affect someone else's perception of me, I ask for persimmons instead, because they're delicious.

    (Besides, if something will get me weird looks, I'm more likely to do it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to care less about what other people think these days. I'm moving into my "do what I want and ask for forgiveness later" phase of my mid-life crises. It's way more fun than asking for persimmons!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts