Healing Hamilton

Assisting you on your path to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well being.


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Practice not Perfect

"P" is for Practice

Practice is a word I'm going to use more often.  I like it's flavour.  To me it's a friendlier word than "doing".  When you say you're "doing" something, there's an expectation of mastery or accomplishment.  There's less pressure if you say your practicing something.  Practicing implies there's room for improvement, that you're a work in progress.  It allows for encouragement from others, and helps to connect you with other "practicers".  When someone asks you what you're doing, tell them your practicing... your writing...your cooking....your parenting....whatever it is.  They'll understand that practicing means you're not perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed the post. Been meeting the nicest people in the A-Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten what a European 'flavour' looked like - I went native a few years ago and lost about a third of my vowels...

    What I like whenever I stop by this blog is that I get a fresh perspective that's immediately helpful in my day-to-day life. There's a line from Jon Mclaughlin's "Beautiful Disaster" - "perfect only in her imperfection" - that sums this up for me.

    Another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mojo - it's great to get that kind of feedback - thanks!

    I love that quote - I think I'll be using it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts