T is for Trees
Not only are trees beautiful, trees are really important to the health of our planet, and by extension, to our own personal health. Here's some of the things trees do for us:
- Trees are our planet's lungs. They convert the CO2 humans exhale into oxygen. According to http://coloradotrees.org/, an adult tree can change 48 pounds of carbon every year into enough oxygen to keep two people alive.
- Trees reduce ozone levels. In large cities this can mean milder temperatures and more breathable air.
- Trees prevent soil erosion - their roots stop soil from washing away.
- Trees moderate temperatures. They absorb summer heat, cast some shady relief and provide a windbreak from chilly winter winds.
- Trees provide food in the form of fruit, nuts and even maple syrup (yum).
And perhaps most important of all - trees can be fun!
Thank a tree!