Healing Hamilton

Assisting you on your path to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well being.


Thursday, April 21, 2011

Get rid of that achy with Reiki

"R" is for Reiki

Reiki is a holistic healing method using natural energy forces to create balance, vitality and wellness at the physical, emotional and spiritual level.  Reiki works by placing the hands over the major glands of the endocrine system - called chakras - which governs hormone production.  This system controls metabolism, growth, aging, resistance to stress and the body's ability to heal itself.  Reiki helps the body balance the system resulting in deep relaxation which also enhances the body's ability to heal itself.   From "Practical Reiki" Mari Hall, Director, International Association of Reiki

Before you're ready to pick up the phone and schedule your first appointment, you probably have some questions you'd like answered.  Here are there top 5 questions my Reiki clients ask me, along with my answers:

Q. What exactly do you do?

A. I smooth your energy field.  Each body has a bio-field, or aura, which is affected by physical and emotional states of being.  It is this smoothing that results in deep relaxation, increased energy, feelings of well being, and reduced stress which all enhance your body's ability to heal itself.

Q.  How do you feel my energy field? 

A.  Once prepared for a treatment, my hands are highly sensitized and tingle as I put them into your bio-field.   Some areas feel smoother than others.  The smooth areas feel tingly, while the rough areas send little jolts of energy through my fingers.  It feels like little bolts of lightening or electrical shocks.  I can also experience heat (in my hands only or in my whole body), coolness in my hands, or even a "spacey" feeling in my head.   I focus on the rough areas, working on them until they feel smooth.  Once the whole bio-field feels smooth, your treatment is complete.

Q.  How does the healing happen?

A.  No one knows for sure.  What I can tell you is that intention is the most important thing.  My intention is to be an energy conduit, to provide you with whatever you need for your  "highest and best".  This means I don't try to direct the energy in any way.  Nor do I take credit for the healing that takes place.  I am only a conduit for the universal energy - it and your body do the rest.

Q.  Why was your treatment different from my last Reiki treatment?

A.  Each Reiki student is taught the history of Reiki, shown the proper hand positions, receives an attunement, practices under the watchful eye of their master, then offers Reiki to others.   Because intuition varies from one Reiki practitioner to the next, and because intuition is a large part of Reiki, each practitioner slowly develops her/his own style.  

Q.  Can I learn Reiki? 

A.  YES!  Everyone can learn to give Reiki.  I believe it is something each and every human being can learn because energy is the nature of our existence. 

Want to learn to feel energy?  Try the simple practice exercises found here and you will be feeling your own energy in no time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts