Healing Hamilton

Assisting you on your path to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well being.


Friday, September 30, 2011

GBE2: Judgement



Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event. You don't fail overnight. Instead, failure is a few errors in judgement, repeated every day.
Jim Rohn



Property may be destroyed and money may lose its purchasing power; but, character, health, knowledge and good judgement will always be in demand under all conditions.
Roger Babson





Good judgement comes from experience. Sometimes, experience comes from bad judgement.
Christian Slater




The only justice is to follow the sincere intuition of the soul, angry or gentle. Anger is just, and pity is just, but judgement is never just.
David Herbert Lawrence




There are thus great swathes of the past where understanding is more important and reputable than judgement, because the principal actors performed in line with the ideas and values of that time, not of ours.
Douglas Hurd

4 comments:

  1. Terrific quotes. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this.
    Sometimes what comes out of my mouth is not was percolates in my brain. I do my best, but I like to think I'll outlive my moments of stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wondered who first said that one about "Good judgment comes from experience...." I had it hanging on the wall of my office for several years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Word Nerd - thanks!

    @Gene Pool Diva - nobody is going to be quoting me either :)

    @Angela Parson Myers - there are several versions of this quote from various times and sources. I liked his because it was short and sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts